Prostate Gland Enlargement / Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) Treatment in Dubai
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or Prostate Enlargement is a benign/non-cancerous increase in the size of the prostate gland. This is a condition that becomes more common as men get older and due to the gland putting pressure on the urethra, it can result in a variety of urinary symptoms.
Causes of Enlarged Prostate
- Age related hormonal changes
- Increases in testosterone levels
- Changes to the testicular cells
Risk factors increased by BPH
- Developing UTI
- Developing bladder stones
- Blood in the urine
- Urinary Incontinence
- Difficulty urinating
Enlarged Prostate Symptoms
- Difficulty in starting to urinate.
- Weak urination stream
- Pain urinating
- Starting and stopping urinating many times
- Frequent urination
- Sudden urges to urinate
- Blood in urine
- Burning sensation when you urinate.
Diagnosis of Prostate Gland Enlargement / Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
Firstly our Urologist will perform a physical exam, take your medical history and suggest some laboratory tests to rule out any other factors/disorders.
Treatment Options for Prostate Gland Enlargement
- Lifestyle changes
Minimally invasive procedures
- Water Vapor Therapy Procedure
- UroLift Procedure
- TURP Procedure
Minimally Invasive Robotic Procedures
- Robotic Simple Prostatectomy
A surgical option would only be considered in specific circumstances where non-surgical options have not proved effective.