Regular check up At Clemenceau Medical Center Dubai
Regular check-ups, also known as well-child visits, are important for maintaining your child’s overall health and wellness. These visits typically occur at regular intervals throughout childhood, from infancy to adolescence. Here are some things that may be checked during a well-child visit:
- Growth and development: The doctor will measure your child’s height, weight, and head circumference and compare the results to standard growth charts. They will also ask questions about your child’s development, including milestones such as crawling, walking, and talking.
- Immunizations: The doctor will review your child’s immunization record and make sure they are up-to-date on all required vaccinations.
- Vision and hearing: The doctor may perform a vision and hearing screening to check for any problems that could affect your child’s ability to learn and communicate.
- Nutrition: The doctor will ask about your child’s diet and make recommendations for healthy eating habits.
- Physical exam: The doctor will perform a physical exam to check your child’s overall health, including their heart rate, breathing, skin color, and muscle tone.
- Safety: The doctor will talk to you about ways to keep your child safe, such as using car seats and wearing helmets when riding a bike.
- Behavioral and emotional health: The doctor may ask questions about your child’s behavior and emotional well-being, and offer guidance if any issues are identified.
Regular well-child visits are an important part of preventive care, and can help ensure that your child stays healthy and on track with their development.