The Endocrinology Division is a specialized unit in the care of various endocrine and metabolic conditions. It offers comprehensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services for patients with endocrine diseases. Our doctors work in collaboration with other disciplines to secure multidisciplinary management for the different pathologies.
Diseases covered by the Endocrinology Division:
- Diabetes & Hypoglycemic Disorders: Include different forms of diabetes or increased blood sugar, such as type 1, type 2 and diabetes of pregnancy. It also covers problems of low blood sugar or hypoglycemia.
- Disorders of the Pituitary Gland: Involve diseases related to increased or suppressed pituitary hormone production, various tumors that can affect the pituitary gland and hypothalamus.
- Lipid Abnormalities: Include elevated cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Thyroid Diseases: Involve thyroid nodules, thyroid cancer, diseases related to increased or suppressed thyroid hormone production.
- Overweight & Obesity: Include problems with increased weight and its consequences
- style=”text-align: justify;”Osteoporosis & Osteopenia, conditions characterized by decreased bone density with increased risk of fractures.
- Parathyroid and Bone Metabolic Disorders: Include parathyroid hormone overproduction or underproduction, with disorders of hypercalcemia (or elevated calcium levels in blood) or hypocalcemia (low blood calcium), vitamin D deficiency.
- Adrenal Problems: Involve adrenal masses, deficiency in adrenal gland function with low blood cortisol, overproduction of cortisol or aldosterone or catecholamines.
- Hormonal Reproductive Disorders including Polycystic Ovary Syndrome with irregular periods, hirsutism, Male and Female hormonal abnormalities with problems in period, infertility, erectile dysfunction