The specialty of urogynecology involves the urinary aspects of gynaecology and is a specialty that has grown as the staggering number of women with urinary problems have been estimated, documented and brought to light.
Dr. Riachi’s mission, as he sees it, is to try to help every woman who needs diagnosis and treatment for their female incontinence and prolapse problems.
Robot-assisted surgery or Robotic surgery is elegant and artful. Labib Riachi is a master surgeon in Robotic gynecological procedures, and as a surgeon he displays the highest degree of competence and experience. Teaching and training are vital to the knowledge, skill and expertise necessary to perform these procedures.
- Dr. Riachi has performed more than 1,500 robotic procedures. Currently he operates at the CMC Clemenceau Medical Center in Beirut.
- Dr. Riachi's approach to female urinary incontinence incorporates different approaches to stress incontinence, which is the leakage or urine upon any pressure on the bladder, urge incontinence, which is the constant and uncontrollable urge to urinate (with leakage), and mixed incontinence.
For patients with female vaginal prolapse, Dr. Riachi has surgical options that include the use of plastic mesh to "hold up" a woman's anatomy, exercise programs and other options.
- Dr. Riachi uses various tools at his disposal to help his patients, from conservative methods such as pelvic floor exercises to radical methods like minimally invasive surgery. His dedicated and compassionate staff works with women of all ages to help them regain what they thought they could never have--a normal life, free of constant discomfort, worry and (in many cases) shame
The psychological effects of these problems are devastating to many women. According to Dr. Riachi, while he is a urogynecologist by training, an additional benefit of his work is that it helps solve emotional and psychological issues many women have from dealing with these problems on a daily basis.
- Dr. Riachi is a consultant in obstetrics/ gynecology and Female pelvic medicine/ Pelvic reconstructive surgery.
He occupied the position of Chief of Robotic Surgery and Chief of Urogynecology as well as the chairman of the Obstetrics and gynecology at Trinitas regional medical center in New Jersey.
He is a pioneering doctor in several ways. He had decided to dedicate his life to assisting others in need of medical care. Dr. Riachi has also performed new and unique medical procedures that have aided and changed the lives of many of his patients.He has been instrumental in teaching surgery and medicine for doctors, students, and hospital staff.
- Dr. Riachi has received many awards and certifications in recognition of his service to his patients. These include:
Certificate of appreciation award from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, July 2015
Leadership in medical education award from the New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
New Jersey top doctors’ awards: 2014,2015
Vitals patient’s choice award 2014
St Clare's health system 2014 top doctors recognition award
Top OB/GYN award 2010 and 2011, by the Consumers Research Council of America Patient choice award 2009
Top doctors New Jersey award as chosen by nurses 2010, New Jersey Monthly Patient choice awards 2008
America's top of Obstetricians and Gynecologists award 2012 by the Consumer Research Council of America
International Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists top OB/GYN award 2016
Certificate of commendation for providing exemplary patient care by Cathedral Healthcare System
Special excellence in endoscopic procedure award by the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists 1999
Berlex Laboratories residency teaching award.
Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA
St. Elizabeth/Trinitas Hospital, Elizabeth, NJ St. Michael Medical Center, Newark, NJ AUG 1992 - MAY 1996 St. George's University School of Medicine Grenada Graduate Education
Degree Doctor of Medicine
Graduated Epsilon Ioata Alpha SEP 1991 - JUL 1992 American Lebanese University, Lebanon Graduate Education Major: Masters of Science in Business Management JAN 1988 - FEB 1991 American University of Beirut Undergraduate Education Bachelor of Science in Biology (NY State Diploma) SEP 1986 - JUL 1987 Secondary Education Marian College Champville-French And Lebanese State Baccalaureate