Endourology Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery
Mohammed Shahait, M.B.B.S. is a doctor of Urology and minimally invasive surgery with extensive experience in the management of complex genitourinary tumors.
After receiving his medical degree from the Jordanian University of Science and Technology, he completed his residency at the Division of Urology and Kidney Transplant, at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC).
Dr. Shahait afterwards completed a two-year fellowship in Endourology laparoscopic and robotic surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical center, followed by a prestigious one-year fellowship in advanced robotic surgery at University of Pennsylvania. He later joined King Hussein Cancer Center, Amman, Jordan as a consultant of uro-oncology.
Dr. Shahait’s research focus is on the outcomes of patients undergoing robot-assisted radical prostatectomy for prostate cancer and has more than 40 peer reviewed articles.
1. Shahait M, Alshalalfa M, Nguyen PL, Al-Fahmawi A, Dobbs RW, Lal P, Lee DI. Correlative analysis between two commercially available post-prostatectomy genomic tests. Prostate Cancer and Prostatic Diseases. 2021 Mar 9:1-3.
2. Shahait M, Liu VY, Vapiwala N, Lal P, Kim J, Trabulsi EJ, Huang HC, Davicioni E, Thompson DJ, Spratt D, Den RB. Impact of Decipher on use of post‐operative radiotherapy: Individual patient analysis of two prospective registries. BJUI Compass. 2021.
3. Shahait M, Labban M, Dobbs RW, Cheaib JG, Lee DI, Tamim H, El-Hajj A. A 5-Item Frailty Index for Predicting Morbidity and Mortality After Radical Prostatectomy: An Analysis of the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program Database. Journal of Endourology. 2021 Jan 21.
4. Li L, Shiradkar R, Leo P, Algohary A, Fu P, Tirumani SH, Mahran A, Buzzy C, Obmann VC, Mansoori B, El-Fahmawi A. A novel imaging based Nomogram for predicting post-surgical biochemical recurrence and adverse pathology of prostate cancer from pre-operative bi-parametric MRI. EBioMedicine. 2021 Jan 1;63:103163.
5. Shahait M, Dobbs RW, Kim JL, Eldred N, Liang K, Huynh LM, Ahlering TE, Patel V, Lee DI. Perioperative and Functional Outcomes of Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy in Octogenarian Men. Journal of Endourology. 2021 Jan 6.
6. Lee DI, Shahait M, Dalela D, Keeley J, Lal P, Vapiwala N, Abdollah F. External validation of genomic classifier-based risk-stratification tool to identify candidates for adjuvant radiation therapy in patients with prostate cancer. World journal of urology. 2021 Jan 3:1-6.
7. Alhalaseh YN, Elshabrawy HA, Erashdi M, Shahait M, Abu-Humdan AM, Al-Hussaini M. Allocation of the “Already” Limited Medical Resources Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic, an Iterative Ethical Encounter Including Suggested Solutions From a Real Life Encounter. Frontiers in Medicine. 2020;7.
8. Abdelsalam RA, Khalifeh I, Box A, Kalantarian M, Ghosh S, Abou-Ouf H, Lotfi T, Shahait M, Palanisamy N, Bismar TA. Molecular characterization of prostate cancer in Middle Eastern population highlights differences with Western populations with prognostic implication. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2020 Apr 30.
9. Dobbs RW, Nguyen TT, Shahait M, Lee DJ, Kim JL, El-Fahmawi A, Lee DI. Outpatient Robot-Assisted Radical Prostatectomy: Are Patients Ready for Same-Day Discharge?. Journal of Endourology. 2020 Apr 1;34(4):450-
10. Shahait M, Hockenberry M, Suzy NA, Kim J, McWilliams K, Lee DI. Incidence and Impact of Acute Urinary retention after Robot-assisted Radical Prostatectomy. Prostate International. 2020 Mar 18.
11. Shahait M, Patel K, Na S, Kim J, El-Fahmawi A, Dobbs RW, Lee DI. Stepwise Description and Outcomes of Bladder Neck Sparing Robot-assisted Simple Prostatectomy. Journal of Endourology. 2020 Mar 18(ja